26.6.12

wanderlust



I had to blink twice when I stumbled upon my own picture (the above) on a tumblr today and saw it had 18,000 notes - during approximately 24 hours. it makes no sense, wow. absolutely overwhelmed. so thankful that my piece is being seen and appreciated by so many people! it was posted by somebody else though – I have no idea who.  

besides grasping the fact that my photo is being seen on tumblr among a billion stunning pictures and artworks, I've noticed two things today: first, on Friday I’m leaving Aalborg and will hardly be back for a month. second, I’ve started talking a lot with myself - maybe the freedom has gotten to my head. however, I can’t wait to travel and spend special moments with my best friends and family. today has been a little summer-like, finally. it’s more enjoyable than ever being home. many hours spent in the garden with coffee, pancakes and 1Q84 (haruki murakami). the lawn hasn’t been mowed for weeks, my father can spend at least ten minutes examining a dead branch with the uttermost care, we're making smoothies consisting of salad and chilli (yes), our garbage is mostly consisting of empty ice-cream containers and it’s way too messy in our living room (anyhow, I actually think my family got the term living room right: we really do live there; my photo studio is there taking up half of the space, fitness and tennis equipment on our dining table, framed pictures on the floor and a yoga mat on the couch) – but everything is in its right place and I adore it.

currently looking forward to: shoot beautiful asta in lønstrup, experience bon iver, jack white and björk on roskilde festival, drink wine and eat real Italian pizza with my favourite girls in pratola peligna, spend nine days in a tent, jazz in copenhagen, days at the beach in lithuania and absolutely no worries and freedom. 

may everyone have a fantastic summer, enjoy and appreciate the time (and eat a lot of good ice-cream, please)

4 kommentarer:

  1. I know it's chaos, I know it's draining, and yet everything you wrote has such an enchanting sense of beautify to it, almost as though I stood in a field an watched a million butterflies of all different colours dancing in the summer light, shifting like one massive living pallet…. that's the closest I could come to describing that feeling of being on the move, I think I have a seed of the wanderlust inside somewhere. A perfectly chosen image too, those eyes gaze ever forward, never back, the mountains echo with the call to run.

    SvarSlet
  2. this photo is beautiful. i love that you kept the opacity in the face. i included your photo in a blog post. thanks for the inspiration.
    http://bbienvenido.blogspot.com/
    ~kate

    SvarSlet
  3. Hey I was wondering if you would like to share your technique to do this with me?
    I love this.

    SvarSlet